Social Inclusion is the the process of improving the ability, opportunity, and dignity of people disadvantaged on the basis of their identity to take part in society. It ensures that people have a voice in decisions which affect their lives, and that they enjoy equal access to services, markets and social, political, and physical spaces. (1)
To promote social inclusion, Iris Group uses a range of interconnected strategies, including:
- Fostering strong and diverse leadership
- Understanding how social norms, institutions, and laws promote or hinder inclusion
- Changing social norms, institutions and laws to promote human rights and gender equality
- Ensuring accountability in laws, programs, and practices
(1) Inclusion Matters: The foundation for shared prosperity. World Bank 2013.